Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Circle Game


It must be winter...
The yarn has come out and I have taken up the hook for the first time in an age. As I always do, I start a little practice bit, just to get the hands working, to remind my brain how to do this, and to get the rhythm right.

My go-to trick is a roundy thing. I do like to go 'round more than I like to go squareish when it comes to crochet. Fairly soon the Engineer will begin to worry over my going in circles, it has concerned him before. Still, round and round I go.

I had no plan, I just started to get started, and though it has a little bit of wonk, it isn't turning out half bad. There could very well be a granny cushion for my Granny's love seat in the near future.

What is your favorite winter craft?

This also happens to be an excellent way to avoid cleaning up my studio which is in such a state that when I went in with purpose - I ended closing the door and taking up the hook again.

6 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Not wonky at all. Rather pretty in fact. Lovely colours. I'm doing far too much for my own good on the crafty front. They'd all better appreciate my efforts!!

Anonymous said...

I love to knit bennies in winter time. It's really easy and quick and always useful (as I have a tendancy of loosing those in the sub).

Flaming Nora said...

Oh crochet, where would we be with out you? Life would be empty, there would be so much extra time to do nothing.

june at noon said...

I saw some very cute crocheted, circular placements once. And you can't go wrong with cushions! :) I've been knitting scarf after scarf after scarf--after being asked to make them for gifts--and 'though I have a pretty good attention span, I'm about fed up with yarn at the moment! :)

Jennifer Hays said...

I adore crochet. I've never found another craft that is as relaxing and soothing. I prefer crochet-in-the-round myself, but I hardly ever do it. I should make more round things.

Tas said...

I guess I willhave to go with knitting...but then I knit 24/7. 12 months a year, even in 40 degree heat.

But having spied some gorgeous crocheted cotton pinafores and ponchos on a trip recently, I ham hoping to pick up my crochet hook this summer and crochet something for my girl in a multitude of colours.