Wednesday, March 12, 2014

In the Garden - Springing




Oh my goodness! The sun has come out for a day or two, so of course I have been out in the garden. Finding flowers poking up through the soil. What beauty!



And then there has been some hard work. It's all about getting the garden ready for food growing. As of last evening 4 of our raised beds are ready for planting along with 4 large planters. Today seeds go in the cold frame (poly tunnel bed) and the 1 remaining bed needs some compost. Never mind those weeds that are a constant struggle.  So, while the sun is shining you can find me in the garden!

I'm off for a few days to attend to family celebrations, I'll see you all next week!

5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

It is so nice when we can get a bit of an early start in the garden. Your soil in your beds look so rich, I can just picture all of the lovely green every where.

Enjoy the family time..See you next week. xo

Jennifer Hays said...

I hope you have a nice time. I really love that little green dresser.

june at noon said...

Gorgeous! We have had a few warm days (and then more cold, although the weekend is looking better), but not much in the way of plant life poking out yet. I'll just look at yours and remind myself it's coming. :)

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous spring flowers.

I sooo wanted to get out in my garden this weekend, but I caught some kind of nasty cold and was forced to give up on the idea. Boo. Maybe next weekend. :)

Annie Cholewa said...

The first year in a new garden brings so many wonderful discoveries of things that you didn't know were there don't you find. Coupled with all your hard work on the veggie beds you are going to have a wonderfully productive space there methinks. I wonder will you find room for a few dye plants?