Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blow the man down

Yesterday a wild and blustering wind blew through town. It was one of those crisp and bright winter days, a brilliant sun matched with bitterest cold - oh lordy! The neighbors are putting a new roof on and I kept thinking that one of the boys were going to be blown clean off.

The chickens took to the safety of the coop, feathers ruffled and complaining. The Buddha Cat stared out the window all the live-long day with a vaguely pensive look and the occasional twitchy whisker, but never once ventured outside.

I on the other hand, decided to attempt a walk to clear my head and try to budge a significant writers block that was getting in the way of getting down to business. One of those blocks that have you staring at the blank page (or computer screen as the case may be) for what seems like hours until a panic begins to rise up in ones belly, turning it sour.

So scarf on, winter wool coat and hat atop my noggin, and out I went. Two blocks later I was lamenting the loss of my good winter gloves, yet still I pressed on.
To the park, which was quiet and empty and still, but for the wind of course ... and ever so cold. However, the light was glittering, prismatic, and stunning.

Thanks to a friend, I've discovered camera apps for my phone. I had thought my phone was incapable of capturing a decent photo, oh but now, it's thrilling to know that I can get a fairly nice shot without lugging my big camera around. So, I may not have done much for my writers block (the wind was making much too loud a roar in my ears and my nose nearly froze) but the walk was invigorating and the pictures aren't too shabby.



Phone App: Pixlr-o-matic for Android

9 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

All I can say is what a wise cat you have. :)
Vivienne x

Sherri B. said...

Great post and photos (who would know it's from a phone)...no hint of writters block from this entry! - I drove the grand kiddos from Kami's in Happy Valley over the 205 bridge yeasterday in her mini van...White knuckles and prayers that we didn't blow off! Looks like snow may be coming too! xxoo

Rachelle Blondel said...

That slide looks fab bet you couldn't resist just a quick go...:)rx

Mare said...

I LOVE the pictures, and i LOVE that house! I've always admired those brave souls who paint their houses so colorful and bright....I always want to know what the inside looks like! Get warm my friend! Love, me

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

I think the wind blew this way!! It's chilly, windy and rainy - just all out gloom today. Hope your block comes unclogged and the words start to flow again.
I know dear hubby would shake his head at even the idea of the thought - but that cute cheerfully painted home looks delightful to live in.

teddybearswednesday said...

GOrgeous pics, gorgeous house! is that yours?
i totally agree with how great being able to take reasonable photos without lugging the camera around all the time! Keep on clicking! xo

Colette said...

Nothing like a good walk on a blowy day to clear some cobwebs away, that house is amazing - imagine what the inside must be like!

june at noon said...

You make it sound so refreshing. It is very windy and cold here today, and I'm finding it annoying, despite the fact I ran in this exact weather just a week ago and loved it. Hmmm. :)

Unknown said...

Your pics are great! It is inspiring...makes me remember how most anything is art. Thanks for sharing!