Monday, January 30, 2012

Accentuate the Positive

As this month is coming to a close, I think I am finally getting used to the idea that we are in a brand new year. I'm a little slow sometimes. As we get settled into 2012, I am thinking positive, putting a smiley face on my surroundings so to speak. It begins with giving the little green cottage a much needed clean and spiffy. It all began with the sunshiney yellow curtains from my last post.

I have also finally begun using Instagram, the photo app that has seemingly taken the world by storm, again I am a little slow. Though the photos are a bit grainy, I do love the instant pic satisfaction. All of the photos in this post were taken using Instagram. Just some happy snaps of the spiffying!

I think sometimes it is good to remind oneself that it is all going to be ok. Little positive affirmations about the cottage are doing wonders at the moment.

And Shine! Yes, one of my personal favorites. There you have the instant pics of my work this weekend. All that remains for the lounge is the difficult spot above the "couch that mocks me" to be given it's own bit of shine. I am in the mood for something new and possibly going big! We'll see.

I leave you now to get beck to some work that was overlooked this weekend whilst I was on my prettying up kick. I also leave you with a little link to remind us all to Accentuate the Positive!

6 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I like the 'dreamy' look from the Instagram. - Thanks for the link..I remember it from a distant place in my childhood, now that positive song will be in my head all day! xo

Wendy said...

I've been working on brightening up our surroundings for a couple of months now; well, maybe working towards it, as I still have a lot of decluttering to finish--I'd like to start with as blank a slate as possible. I'm determined to add some color to these gray winter days. The yellow curtains are fantastic. Good luck with the couch!

Flaming Nora said...

Do NOT mess with Mr Inbetween!
Love your bunting by the way!

june at noon said...

Very pretty! I'm doing less fun spiffying--deep cleaning so we can sell our house. I'd rather do your kind. :)

Jennie said...

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative - love it!
Gorgeous photos - I wish I had a phone that did Instagram!XX

josie crafter at Homemade and Happy said...

Hi Alex
It was so lovely to have your comment about 'dens' :-)
And here I am popping in to see you again, as I've not visited for a while. It's lovely to be here :-)
Your jolly yellow curtains are beautiful and guaranteed to lift our spirits.
And thanks for the link to the song - it's one of my all time favourite songs!
Wishing you happy days and a creative and jolly February!
x