Monday, November 7, 2011

Blue Monday

The Little Green Cottage and the inhabitants therein, are experiencing a bit of the blues this Monday morning. The Sickness II, the sequel, in which everyone gets really, really sick and the laundry has revolted and formed its own sovereignty, has made its blockbuster debut! It isn't pretty folks.

Pony Girl is on her 4th day home from school, which in the entire Pony Girl history is absolutely unheard of. I am considering buying stock in Kleenex brand tissues, as my environmentally friendly hankies are just not up to the task. Oh dear, I'm afraid I am painting a rather too graphic picture for you folks.

So what does one do on the 6th or 7th day of cruddy illness induced malaise, when all of the herbal tea we can drink has been poured down our gullets, all the movies have been watched, all the puzzles put together, and the fidget starts to set in? Considering couch activities are all we can muster, it seems a dandy time to put my pretty blue vintage vanity case to some higher purpose.

What a perfectly perfect place to store all of my embroidery bits and bobs, floss and whatnots! With its top tray of just the right size compartments, not to mention a handy little mirror for checking my embroidery day up-do. Alas, I wont be looking into that little mirror today for I most certainly will not like what I see.

Then there is the bottom portion of the case which is roomy enough to accommodate a few small hoops, the floss that awaits winding, and some works in progress. How lovely!

I do hope that your Monday is healthy and happy. I'm thinking it might be time for a little giveaway later this week to bring some cheer, what do you think?

14 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

A perfect use of a vanity case if I may say so!!!
Hope your tissue days will be over soon!
Vivienne x

Sherri B. said...

These nasty bugs seem to be everywhere and are sneaking into the cracks of the happiest of cottages causing much distress. It hasn't seemed to harm your brain though, as that is a clever carrier of pretty making things to have right a your fingertips. - I do hope you are all on the mend soon! - A giveaway sounds like just the ticket to clear out the remainder of the nasties. xo

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Hope you and the family are starting on the mend. I hate when the sickness comes in the home and makes everyone tired and grumpy.

Love the suitcase idea! Much better than those plastic craft boxes I have.

Wendy said...

What a perfect place for storing all those cheerful bits of color and possibility. Hope you're all feeling better quickly!

Flaming Nora said...

I think I am jealous and need to get me a vintage blue vanity case. Hope you are all hale and hearty soon.

Jo said...

Oh you poor things... get better soon! I am loving the vanity case conversion. I find that my craft stuff has a life of its own and find it difficult to keep it in check, yours looks so neat!
Jo :)

june at noon said...

Great use of the case! My mom had an orange one when I was growing up--we called it the train case...?

Hope you're all on the mend soon!

Leah said...

You poor wee things! Hope you all start feeling better soon. I adore your blue bag - it's truly fabulous!

Jennie said...

LOVE the bag and LOVE the purpose you have for it! Really hope this not well period does not last too long for you guys!

(our little one was off school all of last week - first time ever. Temp of 40.2, it just would not go down! urgh)XXX

Sarah said...

Oh I would love a box like that! Very very cool.

Unknown said...

Aww. We've taken ill at our nest, too. I hope you're all feeling much better very soon. I know it's common knowledge, but homemade chicken noodle soup has been most helpful for sore throats and stuffy noses!

I've got my embroidery bits stuffed in a box somewhere. Quite dull compared to your pretty little trunk. :)

CurlyPops said...

Oh gosh, I really hope you all get rid of that nasty lurgy very very soon. You must be completely over it!

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing and hope the whole family is feeling better!

Carol said...

That is what I've been doing today - sorting my sewing box.
Had to ease up on the crochet having given my elbow RSI, instead I've knitted some socks, now I'm going to do some sewing.
Hope the lurgy has gone.
Carol xx